What Do 76% of Consumers Want From Your Website? [New Data]
I'm in the process of doing some research for the upcoming Science of Website Redesign webinar, and I just found one piece of data that was so interesting, I decided to blog about it right now.
76% of consumers say the most important factor in a website's design is "the website makes it easy for me to find what I want."
What does this mean for marketers?
- Don't obsess over the visual design of your website
- Do obsess over the usability by your customers and prospects
- Don't worry if you or the CEO think your website design does not look pretty
- Do worry about the conversion rate of your website (Are people finding what they need and completing their tasks?)
- Don't use flash, heavy graphics, or tons of video
- Do use these things if it helps your customers get what they want from your website
- Don't reinvent the wheel when it comes to design and layout
- Do use a basic layout that will be familiar to your customers
- Don't differentiate with the design/functionality of your website
- Do differentiate your company by making it really easy for your customers to find what they want on your website
- Test, test, test! The only thing that matters is what your customers do on your website. Sit down with a potential customer, and watch them use your website. See if they can figure out how to get what they want; see if they can easily do the tasks you want your consumers to do. (e.g. "Show me how you would register for our free demo.")
Fonte: Mike Volpe via Hubspot Blog